Connect With Us
- 02https://arcgulfcoast.org/event/mikeys-place-special-needs-camp-resource-fair/9:00 AM-1:00 PM02/02/1912955 Memorial Dr12955 Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77079
FREE family event! A jam-packed morning filled with valuable information & resources you need to help your child, students or clients with disabilities. For ALL ages and ALL disabilities. Meet face-to-face with family support organizations, summer camp providers, specialized class providers, private school rep’s, therapy providers, advocates, non-profits, and MUCH MORE!
- 03https://arcgulfcoast.org/event/sensory-day-at-chuck-e-cheeses/9:00 AM-11:00 AM02/03/19Chuck E Cheese's Webster1541 W Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598
Chuck E. Cheese’s is proud to support families who have children with autism and other special needs. We offer a sensory-friendly experience on the first Sunday of every month at participating locations, opening our stores two hours before their normal opening time. Our Sensory Sensory events include a trained and caring staff that work to ensure each guest has a fun-filled visit. We realize that the Chuck E. experience can be very stimulating for any child, so our mission is to create an event that allows ALL kids to be a kid.
- 07https://arcgulfcoast.org/event/wrightslaw-conference/8:00 AM-5:00 PM02/07/19University of Houston South BallroomUniversity of Houston South Ballroom 271 Student Center South Houston, TX 77204
One-day special education law and advocacy programs focus on five areas:
- special education law, rights and responsibilities
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
- tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education. The program is not disability specific.